For espresso enthusiasts who want more out of their machine, the La Marzocco Strada is ready to satisfy the most discerning palates. With a one-of-a-kind pressure profiling, the Strada is the perfect machine for a specialty coffee shop.
- Electronic Paddle (EP): This version electronically controls gear pumps which provide precise, progressive pressure control.
- Mechanical Paddle (MP): This version will allow direct control of water flow and pressure mechanically via an internal valve, thus allowing progressive pre-infusion..
Features and Functionality
- Individual Coffee Boilers: Each Group head has individual coffee boilers which enables you to run all group heads at different temperatures.
- Double Boiler: Eliminate inconsistency while also speeding things up with this double boiler machine, capable of extracting espresso and steaming milk at the same time with very little temperature variance.
- Personal Preference: Select from a variety of models depending on your personal preference of machine style; mechanical paddle (MP) or electronic paddle (EP).
- Articulating Steam Wand: The steam wands on the Strada can easily be moved into multiple directions on it's pivot base, allowing for your baristas to comfortable steam and froth milk comfortably to their preference.
- High Capacity: The Strada is rated to brew between 50 to 100 shots of espresso an hour, making it capable of handling the busiest of coffee shops. It has a pre-heating system that warms water even before it enters the coffee boiler.
- Hot Water Dispenser: Make tea or hot cocoa on the fly with the Strada's quick dispensing hot water nozzle.
- Installed PID: The Strada features a PID for complete temperature control, making it even easier to customize your drinks for those customers with decisive pallets.
- Cup Warmer: The top of the Strada functions wonderfully as a cup warmer, drawing heat directly from the boilers to the stainless steel top, priming those latte and shot glasses for less temperature shock.
- Dual Steam Wands: We like to use these for latte art competitions around the office, but they also serve wonderfully in busy settings where multiple drinks need to be made at once.
- Saturated Groups: With brew heads connected directly to the boiler, this feature will ensure thermal stability for every shot produced.
- Direct Water Line: Once you get this machine all plumbed in, never worry about running out of water mid-shot with automatic refilling directly from your water line.
- Professional Quality Espresso - The Strada is designed with consistency and quality in mind, as in order to keep the customers coming back for more, you have to make sure your coffee is top notch
- Pressure Profiling - Discover and enjoy hundreds of different nuances in espresso extraction with pressure profilling, enabling you to customize how many bars of pressure are used and for how long, it's really quite fun to experiment with!
- Perfect Steam - Lattes and cappuccinos have never been easier, as the steam functionality on the Strada is both fast and consistent
- Difficult Setup - This, along with most commercial machines, is not something you just pull out of the box and are good to go. There is quite a bit of setting up, adjusting settings, getting the correct plumbing, etc. to consider before pulling your first shot
- Very Technical - The old phrase "easy to use hard to master" applies here, as the pressure profiling feature is fantastic, but definitely tricky to get the hang of right off the bat